Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our weekend - My sweet husband :)

Chase was off on her fall retreat this weekend and Tommy and I had a rare opportunity of a weekend all to ourselves. Tommy even gave up his normal study time to spend with me!! We had a really good time. We did take sometime to do homework, but it was for me and not him. For my Biblical Foundations for a Minister's Wife class. I had to spend an hour of uninterrupted time with my husband and talk about our couple and family goals as well as ministry objectives. Our biggest ministry objective is to find a place to minister once Tommy graduates!! I can't help but think about the verse in Jeremiah 29- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope (ESV)

As far as our family goals, we know that once we get settled we want to invest in getting Chase some consistent piano lessons, she has taken some, but it's been so on and off that she is not learning as fast as she could be. We also would in the future love to build another house, but that could be way in the future. We just had a really good time reminiscing about our old house, praying, talking about our future, laughing and crying!! It was all good!!

We missed Chase so much...as a matter of fact I had a hard time sleeping Friday night, when they left it was raining and just not knowing whether they arrived safely or not kept me awake. I know for the future to have someone call me when they have arrived and are safe and sound!! Tommy and I did have a good time though...We did alittle eating out, some window shopping, and we came home and watched a movie!! All in all it was a good weekend!! I hope Chase had as much fun as we did!! I am sure she did :)

No comments: