Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

~Happy Mother's Day~


Today is kind of a bittersweet day for me...I lost my mother when I was 8 years old and I miss her always, but especially on this day!! It has gotten alittle easier since I became a mother...Chase and the boys have brought so much joy and happiness into my life I can't even begin to explain...I am sure every mom feels the same way I do about their children. I count it a privilege to be their mom and I love them all dearly. And I would like to say something to each of them!! I will go by birth order!!
Brian...I know you are not my son by birth, but you are in my heart...I love your kindness and your compassion, and your laid back nature...You are a great blend of your mom and your dad!! I am so proud of the man you have become...I love watching you with Billy, you are a great dad and I count it a privilege to be your step-mom!! I love you Brian with all my heart!!!
Nathan...I will start the same with you...I know you are not my son by birth, but you are in my heart...I couldn't love you anymore than I do...I love your humbleness and your sense of humor, you get both from your dad...and you have alot of your mom in you as well, her love of sports was definitely something that she pasted on to you!! I love so many things about you, but your ability to make me laugh is probably the thing I love most!! You are a great man, and father and I love seeing you with Jacob and Kinley!! I am proud of you and as I told Brian I count it such a privilege to be your step-mom!! I love you Nathan with all my heart!!!
Matthew...I don't want to seem like I am saying the same thing over and over because you are all special to me in your own way and in our seperate and equally important relationships, you are not my son by birth, but you are my son nonetheless...I have loved you since the first time I held you in my arms...you were about 3 months old!! You are so much like me it's scary!!! I love that though...I love that we have such a wonderful mother/son bond that can never be broken~ I will say you may look and act like your dad, but there is still alot of your mom in you!! And she would be so proud of all three of you boys!! As am I!! I love that I can talk to you three times a day and still be on the phone for hours at a time!! I love that we never run out of things to say to each other...I love your kindness and your sense humor!! I love your service to your country!! I love that you put your family first!! I love that you are such a great dad to Hannah and Kaleb...I am so proud to call you my son!! and like your brothers...I count it a privilege to be your step-mom!! I love you Matthew with all my heart!!!
Chase...My daughter, my love, my life...I count it a privilege to be your mom!! You are all I could have ever dreamed of in a daughter...You are not perfect (none of us are) but baby you are close enough to perfect for me!! I love your kindness and compassion...I love that you are so much like your daddy!! I also love that you are so much like your brothers!! I love to hear you sing and I love that you take great pics of me and I love that you have my eyes!! You are my every dream come true!! You are my greatest joy...I am so proud of the young woman that you are becoming!! Keep your eyes focused on the Lord and I know He is going to do great things through you!! I love you Chase with all my heart!!!
I thank God daily for my boys and my daughter!! I thank the Lord that each of them have accepted Christ as their Savior and Lord and that each of them live out that love they have for the Lord...I am also thankful for 3 wonderful daughter-in-laws...Gerie, Hester, and Sarah...Thank you for all you do to make my boys happy and for the wonderful job you do raising our grandkids!!
I have to say being a Mimi has been one of the greatest experiences ever!! Hannah, Billy, Jacob, Kaleb, and Kinley mean the world to me and I thank God daily for their lives and for the joy they bring to our lives!!
Here are a couple of pics of me with my Mother's day present from Tommy and Chase:
My new Touchscreen Cellphone...I love it!!!


I told you Chase takes great pics of me right???

3 comments:

Larissa said...

Absolutely beautiful post, Heidi.

Happy Mother's Day to you. You are enormously blessed!

Tara said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too, friend! Was praying for you all today and hope everything went well.

Last Mother's Day I got to hug your neck at church. Missed doing that this morning! But sounds like you had a wonderful day and what a sweet tribute to all of your kiddos!

Allie :-) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.