Tuesday, December 1, 2009

15 Years of Wedded Bliss

As many of you may know, Tommy and I had our 15th wedding anniversary on Wednesday, November 25th! Unfortuantely, we were unable to celebrate that day because our church and some of the churches within our community have an annual Thanksgiving Community Service on the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving! The deacons were very gracious to tell Tommy that they would handle the service, but it was our church's year to host the service and Tommy and I both felt it wouldn't be right for the new Pastor and his wife not to be in attendance especially since our church was hosting!! I have to be honest, that was the last place I wanted to be on my 15th wedding anniversary, but now I am so glad that we didn't slip out, we would have truly missed a blessing! Apparently the tradition is to have one Pastor from a visiting church to preach, well since Tommy is new to the area and didn't really know the pastors that well, he thought it would be nice to have all the pastors speak for about 10 minutes a piece with some singing inbetween! What a great idea!! It was such a blessing to hear from each man of God and also the different things the Lord had laid on their hearts to speak about! After the service we had refreshments and fellowship! It was a great evening and it just put you in the right frame of mind as we celebrated Thanksgiving the next day!! We truly had much to be thankful to our God for!! :)


Tommy and I were able to celebrate our anniversary tonight with a dinner out to our favorite steakhouse (the church so generously gave us a gift card to Outback Steakhouse and also a gift card for Walmart as well). And my best friend Michelle and her daughter Mary-Caitlin came over and stayed with Chase, so that we could have a night out alone!!

Here we are getting ready to leave on our date!
As far as Anniversary gifts Tommy knew that I wanted some new things to decorate our new home with because we sold so much of our things when we left for seminary, so he gave me some money to go and buy several things to decorate the house!


I had several ideas about what to get Tommy for our anniversary, but I decided on a Garmin (GPS), as a Pastor he travels alot more making visits and so the Garmin is going to be a great help to him and peace of mind for me that he is not getting lost!!! :)

Some people think that Tommy and I were crazy to get married during the Thanksgiving holidays, but I love having our anniversary this time of year! It makes us even more grateful for the gift of marriage, and for each other!
I love you Tommy with all my heart and I am so thankful to be your wife! Thank you for the best 15 years of my life!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Happy Anniversary Tommy and Heidi! Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration!!!!

PS. Jamie just got a Garmin too with his birthday money. He loves it!

Allie :-) said...

I thought that you and I were going to use those gift cards for a girls day out?! LOL Just kidding! Happy Anniversary to both of you!! :-D

Nic said...

Happy Anniversary, Heidi and Tommy!