Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our First Blog for 2010

I can't believe it's already February 2nd and I am just now writing my first blog of the new year! I have been slack to say the least in keeping up my blog for the last several months! I could give you a list of excuses, but I am sure you would rather here about our updates instead! So...let me try and catch you up on things that have been going on with the Worthey's!

In December Tommy was able to go into the baptismal pool for the first time as a Pastor! He was so excited to baptize four (4) new believers on Sunday, December 13, 2009.
December flew by for us this year (I will post a slideshow of our Christmas pictures soon!) and before we knew it, 2010 was here...We had a great time celebrating the New Year with Chase and Mary-Caitlin...We watched movies, played games, then watched the peach drop as we toasted the New Year with Sparkling grape juice!! Then about 12:10...Tommy and I went to bed!! LOL! :)
January was a busy, but fun month for us! Matthew and his family have been transferred with the US Coast Guard from Texas to Wilmington, NC, so on their way to their new home they were able to stop and spend almost 2 weeks with us! We had such a great time visiting with Matthew and Sarah and playing with, and spoiling the grandkids!! Tommy got a special treat during their time here. As many of you already know our granddaughter Hannah accepted Christ as her Savior back at the end of September, so while they were here Pastor Tommy aka Granddaddy was able to baptize Hannah!! What a great joy, honor, and privilege for Tommy to baptize our granddaughter! Tommy is looking forward to baptizing each and everyone of our grandchildren as they reach that age of accountability and turn their hearts over to Jesus!! Our church voted in Adam Cain as our Pastor of Students in December and Tommy had the privilege of ordaining Adam into the Ministry of the Gospel on January 24th. Adam's home church hosted the event and since our church called Adam, Tommy lead the service! It was a special time for Adam and his family as well as both churches!!

We also had "Old Fashion Day" at our church during the morning service on January 24th...Rev. D.L. Moody brought the message that day!! No I am not kidding you D.L. Moody was at our service that morning!! Of course not the D.L. Moody who lived in the 1800's!! Preacher Moody is our former Pastor and dear friend! It was a great time of fellowship...the men came dressed in their overalls and bow ties and the woman were in their bonnets!! It was a great service!!

Here is a picture of some of the folks who dressed out for "old fashion day"

January is also Tommy's birthday month! January 31st Tommy turned 54 years old!! We are so thankful for Tommy and all he means to our family! Tommy is a wonderful husband, father, and granddaddy and we all thank God everyday for him! We started celebrating Tommy's birthday on Saturday! Chase, Mary-Caitlin, and I took Tommy to his favorite restuarant Outback Steakhouse! First thing Sunday morning Mrs. Ira brought Tommy his favorite gift a homemade Banana pudding!! Brian, Gerie, and Billy came to church on Sunday and took Tommy and I to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate his birthday and then afterwards Nathan, Hester, Jacob, and Kinley all joined us at the house for birthday cake!! (Of course Tommy was not sharing his Banana pudding!!) Then after church Sunday night we met our good friends Curtis and Ann at our usual Sunday night spot La Parilla for a little birthday celebrating!! All in all I think Tommy had a great day!! :)
Those are all the updates I can think of at this time!! I talked alot about Tommy, I guess January centered around Tommy more than I realized!! Chase, Mary and I are still here and all doing well!! Chase and Mary both got new haircuts this past weekend...side bangs!! And I learned how and started making my own laundry detergent this past month!! I will post about that soon!!
I hope you all forgive me for not updating regularly...I promise to get back into the habit of keeping my blog updated!! I really do love blogging!! :)

5 comments:

Tara said...

So glad that you are back! I've missed updates from you, but it does sound like you have been super busy since the New Year started! Loved hearing all about it!

Unknown said...

I loved reading about your family! i did not know you had a blog until I found it on Tara's page! You guys sure have been busy!

Larissa said...

You all have been super busy - no wonder you haven't had time to post!!

The Worthey Family said...

Thanks Tara, and Larissa for still being faithful to check my blog even though it took so long to update!! And I am so glad you found our blog Lauren...We miss you all so much! Please tell your mom I said "hi"

Christy said...

I love the fact that you are such an avid picture taker! Those pictures were great!

I'm so glad that you all have been blessed with so many precious memories.

Happy late birthday to Pastor Tommy. :0)

The pictures from "Old Fashioned Day" were a hoot. tee hee

In case you weren't able to go back, I wanted you to know that I left a comment (on my blog) in response to the last comment you left (on a December post). I tend to forget to go back to other folk's blogs after I've left a comment to see if they've responded...so you know?! :0)

Nice to see you posting again. :0)