Monday, March 29, 2010

Foster Care

Many of you may know that Tommy and I were foster parents here in GA from 1999-2002! We loved being foster parents and got such a blessing from the over 25 children that were in and out of our home during the 3 years that we were with DFACS as foster parents! Tommy and I both felt this was a ministry that we did as a family, even when Chase was still so young, she knew that we were taking care of those children because for whatever reason their parents couldn't and that sense of obligation to those children has stayed with her! So as a family we have decided to jump back into foster care! Tommy and I will start the IMPACT classes on April 6th...We attend 2 classes per week, every Tuesday and Thursday thru April 22nd...We will also have much paperwork to fill out and physicals to take as well as home studies done! Please pray for us as we go thru this process! We are not wealthy by any means, but we are rich in love and family and we fill this will be an extension of our ministry at the church. We will love these little ones if only for a little while and my prayer is that if it's only for a week, or a month, or God willing more...that they will know they were part of a family and they are loved!
These verses have always spoke to me and they are the driving force behind why I feel so passionate that we be involved in the foster care program!


Matthew 25:35-40(New American Standard Bible)

35'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;

36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?

38'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?

39'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'

40"The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

5 comments:

Larissa said...

What a beautiful ministry!! I can't wait to hear more about this precious journey for your family!

Unknown said...

that is so exciting!!

Christy said...

Can't help but to get a little teary eyed at reading those precious verses. What an amazing ministry to pursue and be led into. Praying fervently for you guys as you transform your family and home into a safe haven for children who so desperately need one.

Tara said...

I'm so excited! I know this has been a passion of your heart for quite a while. Keep us posted!

Morgan Family said...

We are so thrilled for your family, what an amazing ministry opportunity! We can't wait to hear any news!