Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My WhirlWind Trip to Wake Forest!!

Last week I got the opportunity to go to Wake Forest with my friend Michelle, she was going to Louisburg for 3 days and didn't want to drive by herself, so of course I jumped at the chance to not only get to take a road trip with my BFF, but to see some dear friends in Wake Forest for a few days! As a blogger (if I can really call myself a blogger, I used to be better, but I have gotten very slack) Anyway, as a blogger, I know I should have taken more pictures, but I was just so excited to see everyone and to talk and catch up, that I did a horrible job of taking pictures!! I will share with you the ones I did take though!

Michelle and I had a great time on our road trip, it was nice to be able to talk and catch up with each other, the 8 hr drive seemed like no time at all!! Sorry no pics

While in Wake Forest, I was able to have lunch with my dear friend Saemica...We picked up like no time had gone by since we had seen one another at all! :) Thanks for lunch Saemica...I can't wait to do it again soon! I also got to see some of our neighbors from the seminary...Grayson, Kristle and their two kids Rachael and Seth! I had such a great time catching up with them, and they treated me to dinner, we couldn't resist...we went to Tommy's favorite Mexican restaurant! Las Margaritas in downtown Wake Forest :)

Grayson

Kristle

Rachael

Seth

My good friend Linda Taylor and her family so graciously allowed me to stay with them both nights I was in town in their beautiful new home! I didn't get a picture of the Taylor's, but I did get one of their house...Thanks again Linda, Dave, Brittmarie, and Kyle I really appreciate you letting me invade your home and family time...It was really a blessing to have a place to stay and to see you all again! Next time Brittmarie...I promise to bring Chase with me! :)

The Taylor's Home

The Guest Room



On Thursday, Linda, Brittmarie, and I went to breakfast, then I rode around Wake Forest alittle bit just enjoying being back...I had lunch on Thursday with my very dear friend Tara Dew, she has been such a wonderful friend and a huge encouragement to me as our family has begun our journey into full time ministry, the Lord most certainly sent Tara into my life exactly when I needed a friend! I had such a wonderful visit with Tara, we spent time talking about ministry and bouncing ideas off each other, and I had a great time being able to hold her precious new babies! It took a little while for the Nats to warm up to me, but it wasn't long before they were chatting up a storm with me...they have gotten so big and they are both as precious as ever!


Here is a picture with Tara, Samuel, Natalie and Nathan
(Samantha was already down for her nap)

After my visit with the Dews I headed over to Isabelle's house...Isabelle is the precious baby girl that I watched the last 10 months we lived in Wake Forest...We all miss her and her family terribly...She is such a joy and I enjoyed every minute of having her in our home! I hope to continue to be part of her life, even if it's a long distance relationship!! :) Isabelle has grown so much since we have been gone, she talks so well, and is such a sweet little girl, that baby that I started watching is gone and this precious little girl greeted me with a big hug!

Isn't she adorable?

While I was visiting with Isabelle and her family, there was a terrible storm, so I stayed a little longer than I probably should have (hopefully I didn't wear out my welcome lol!) I ended up getting to my friends the Brown's alittle late that night, so Ethan and Elizabeth were already in bed, but Nicholas stayed up to see me and I got to visit with Julie, unfortunately Daniel had left that afternoon on a Mission Trip!

Michelle and I left pretty early on Friday morning...but it was a great trip! I got to see alot of my friends that I have missed so much since being back in GA and I got to take a fun road trip with my BFF!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I'm so glad we were able to see each other on your whirlwind trip! The time went by all too quickly, but I really enjoyed seeing you, fellowshipping over lunch, and encouraging one another. So thankful for you!