Saturday, November 15, 2008

Operation Christmas Child

We are doing Operation Christmas Child at our church, as I am sure that many of you are...This is such a great program from the Samaritan Purse!! It shows the love of Christ to so many children around the world, who would otherwise probably never experience Christmas or get to hear the good news of Jesus Christ!! We have done this in the past, but this year was particularly fun because Chase is older and understands so much more about how much she has, and how much others do not have!! She was so excited to fill a box for a girl her age with all kinds of "girly" things...from a hairbrush, and headbands to notepads and cool pens!! We also got her a toothbrush and toothpaste, candy, chapstick, and a word search book. We had so much fun shopping for them...We also did a box for a boy in the age range of our grandchildren which is 1 to 5 years old. We got him a small football, a stuffed animal, a cute toothbrush with toothpaste, playdoh, and a slinky!!
While we were shopping Jacob (our 2 year old grandson) called me, he asked me what I was doing, so I told him that I was shopping for kids that didn't have any toys and that we were going to buy things to send to them!! As I am telling him all this I am thinking he probably doesn't understand what I am talking about, but he was so cute! He just said "that sounds like fun Mimi"
Apparently he did know what I was talking about :)

As part of the process you can add a note and picture to your box, Chase wanted to write her own note and put her picture in the girl box. We had her to pray for the child that would receive this box as well.

Chase with her box and all the goodies!!


Chase adding all her goodies to the box!!

Chase praying for the children who receive these gift boxes!!

I wanted to thank Tara Dew for giving me the idea to post about Operation Christmas Child on our blog...It has been such a blessing for us to be involved in this process and we hope that by sharing our experience it might be a blessing to others!! Thanks Tara for the great idea!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

You are so welcome! I loved reading about what you put in yours:)