Saturday, November 1, 2008

Kit Kitteridge...An American Girl!!

This was a bitter sweet halloween for me!! Chase is 12 years old this year, so as much as we all enjoy the fun time of dressing her up and taking her trick or treating. I think there does have to be a cut off age, so we had decide a while back that once she became a teenager, no more trick or treating!! So this was Chase's last year to trick or treat!! Chase has loved American Girl dolls, since she was about 6 years old...she got her first American Girl doll on her 8th birthday!! Kit Kitteridge, Kit is a 10 year old girl who grew up during the great depression!! (That is the wonderful thing about American Girl dolls you not only get a doll to be your friend and take with you where ever you go, but these dolls come with books and stories and they tell you what it was like to live in their world when they were 10 years old). Chase at the age of 8 could tell most people more about the great depression than they had ever known. Anyway, they came out with a movie this year about Kit Kitteridge and so Chase decided for her last trick or treat experience that she wanted to be Kit and take her doll around for the fun too!!




This year has been different in more ways than one! Not only was it Chase's last trick or treat experience it was also the first time that Tommy or I have not gone trick or treating with her!! Chase's good friend Brittmarie lives in a nice neighborhood that all participate in handing out candy and so like last year we were going to go with Brittmarie and her mom...Well at the last minute Chase dumps me to go with Brittmarie and her brother and some other kids in the neighborhood!! They had a great time and were being very safe!! Tommy and I visited with Brittmarie's parents and then we headed home...Chase spent the night with Brittmarie, so I still haven't gotten a chance to raid her candy yet!!
Brittmarie's dog, Tucker was alittle jealous that no-one was taking his picture!! Tucker is dressed as a Westie:
I have to say even though I am a little sad about Chase not trick or treating anymore...I am excited about what comes next...Maybe we will enjoy handing out candy...I haven't done that in 12 years!! Or maybe we can have a fun fall festival at our house for all Chase's friends!! I don't know, but I am sure we will have lots of fun deciding what we will do next year!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Chase, you do look like Kit with that haircut of yours! I had Samantha when I was a little girl- I loved her to pieces! I can't wait for Natalie to be old enough to buy her an American Girl Doll! What a great Halloween, and last trick-or-treating experience for you!