Sunday, June 27, 2010

Heidi's Bday / Father's Day 2010

On June 8th, I (Heidi) celebrated my 42nd birthday! It was a really great day! Tommy and Chase were planning to surprise me with an under the counter TV for the kitchen that I have been wanting, but Tommy wasn't sure which one I wanted, so we went shopping...as we looked and looked for a good deal, I began to realize that it was alot of money that we just didn't have to spend for a TV, but Tommy assured me that it was OK, then I finally told him if we were gonna spend that kind of money that I would rather have the headboard/foot board for our bedroom suite (We gave Matthew and Sarah our bedroom suite when they got married in 2005 and we bought a new Mission set that I love, but we decided not to purchase the "Bed" at that time because we didn't have room in our townhouse in Wake Forest, so I have really been wanting to get it before the store didn't carry the exact one anymore) Anyway, We decided to make it a combination Birthday gift/Father's Day gift! So that's what we got our bed! And we both love it!! Well Tommy doesn't like the foot board so much, but he loves the bed!! :)
On Father's Day, we had a great time celebrating at Nathan and Hester's house...
I am very thankful for all the men in our family! I am thankful for my dad and all he means to me! I am also very grateful for my wonderful husband, Tommy! He is a great dad and wonderful example before our children, He is also an awesome Granddaddy. I am also very thankful for our 3 boys, they are each amazing dads to their children! And I don't want to leave out my brother, Robert that I love...and also my father in law.

Chase wrote a bio poem about her dad in Literature class this year, so as a special surprise for his office we printed it on scrapbook paper and decorated it and framed it for him!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I'm so happy that you have the complete bedroom set now! Your bed is beautiful!