Saturday, April 25, 2009

Party, Party, Party

Let me begin by saying Sorry Julie...We did not have a Twilight party!! But I hope you will enjoy reading about our celebration anyway!:) Chase changed her mind several times about what the theme of her party should be...which I have found that seems to be a common theme for 13th birthdays for girls, that they change their minds quite often before the big day!! Chase had mentioned the Twilight theme and a few things that we had planned to do to a couple of girls at school and they didn't seem excited so Chase was afraid that they wouldn't have a good time!! We originally started with an American Idol theme, but nobody wanted to sing, they all just wanted to be the judges, and that's when we switched to the Twilight theme....so since she was unsure about that I managed to convince her that I knew a little, mind you just a little about what teenage girls might like!! So she took a leap of faith and decided to trust me!!! We didn't really have a theme, we decorated with some of Chase's favorite colors...Orange, Yellow, Pink, Green, and Bright Blue...We ate first...Tommy grilled up some great hot dogs and we had chips and lots of soda, water, and capri sun!! Then it was on to the games!! We started with the game Who Am I?? It is alot of fun!! I printed out some "famous/well known names" and pinned them to their backs and they had to go around asking Yes or No questions trying to figure out who they were...It was alot of fun!! Chase Won!! Next we played the purse game...I called out random things and kept score of how many girls had the things in their purse...I think we had a tie on that game...Girls have some pretty weird stuff in their purses...one girl had a toothpick!! We also played the clothes pin drop game...put the clothes pin between your knees walk a small distance and then drop the pin into a bottle...it was pretty hard, but we actually had two girls that got it first try!! We then moved outside for a water relay game and an egg toss!! By then it was time to come in and open presents...Everyone was so generous...all the girls at the party besides my niece had just met Chase when we moved here in March!! I was really surprised at the turn out...We had 8 girls here!! Also my dad was here and Curtis and Ann our dear friends from Northside (they are like grandparents to Chase) They are so good to her and we are so thankful for our friendship with them!! We had such a fun time!! After presents, it was time for the cupcake bar (my daughter in law Hester gave me this great idea) instead of a cake we made a cupcake bar...I baked cupcakes this morning then we had cupcake icing in all our birthday colors, sprinkles, m & m's, reese pieces, and oreo cookie crumbs for the girls to decorate their own cupcakes...WOW!! What a great time they had!!:) We finished up the day with a water balloon fight!! A good time was had by all!! While they were leaving...one girl told Chase this was the best party she had been to all year!!

Here is a slideshow of the party...Hope you enjoy!!
Tommy and I were able to give Chase another Big Surprise!! Besides the ring we gave her, we had saved up enough of our reward points from our Delta Credit Union account to get her an iPod Touch!! She had wanted one for Christmas, but we didn't have enough points then to get it and couldn't afford it otherwise, so we figured we would have just enough points by her birthday, and we made it...barely!!! She was very stoked!! (Chase's word not mine!!)

3 comments:

Hester Worthey said...

looks like you guys had fun!!! Sorry we missed it!!! When chase gets ready to spend all that birthday money...let me know...i'm a good shopping buddy!! ha ha

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Chase! Sure wish that you were still up here in NC, but it looks like you have made so many new friends down in GA that were able to celebrate with you. I love the "theme" and the cupcake bar. Too cute! And congrats on getting an iPod touch:) That's awesome! Happy Birthday!

The Brown's said...

Sounds like a great birthday party! I had wondered what you'd end up doing w/ the Twilight theme (have Tommy dress as a vampire???)...but all the games you planned out and they played sounded like so much fun!!!! Wonderful pictures-I felt like I was at her party-she's such a sweet girl!