Monday, April 6, 2009

Twilight

Like most teenage girls, my daughter has become obsessed with "Twilight"!! She has read all 4 books (twice) and is waiting with great anticipation for the 5th book to be released! She went to the theatre to see the movie (twice) and then on March 20th, I was headed to Walmart to buy the DVD!! Yes, you heard me correctly...I know that the DVD was not released until March 21st, but at 11:30pm Chase and I were on our way to Walmart, so that at 12:01am- March 21st Chase could have in her hands a Twilight DVD! Am I a good mom or what??
Here is Chase as we wait in line at Walmart for the clock to strike 12!!:)

And Here is Chase with her Twilight DVD


I have to admit when she first started telling me about Twilight...I wasn't so sure about letting her read the books or watch the movie...I mean a story about vampires really?? But the more I saw her reading I got excited because I could see that same love of reading in her that she had when she first learned to read!! Reading is so important and isn't reading where we get to discover all these different adventures anyway?? You can be anyone you want to be in a book...You can be the princess or the pirate or yes, even the vampire!!



Chase is also having a Twilight Bday party, so there will be another Twilight post coming soon!!

2 comments:

The Brown's said...

I really enjoyed reading the Twilight books...and had fun talking to Chase about them when you were still here. You should read them too, Heidi. I was a little unsure at first, b/c I don't like scary things-but my 2 sis-in-laws said I should read them and I was surprised at how much I liked them! You are a great mom for taking her at midnight to get the dvd!!! (Just read the book before you watch the movie w/ her!). Can't wait to see pics from her Twilight bday party!

Tara said...

How fun! My sister has read all of the Twilight books and loves them too! After reading Julie's comment, maybe I'll have to read them too! But you are right, the most important thing is that she is reading and loving it! A love for reading will take her far!