Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Worthey Family Ways

Family has always been important to me! My mom died when I was only 8 years old and for as long as I can remember all I have ever wanted was to grow up and have the family I never had. I am so thankful to the Lord for sending such a wonderful godly man to me to be my husband! Tommy and I have similar ideas about family and we have tried to instill our values and beliefs in our kids! We love and obey the Lord! We honor and obey our parents, we are thankful for what the Lord has given us and we acknowledge that all we have comes from the Lord! We love one another, treating each other with kindness and respect. We make good choices and we do what we know is right, regardless of what others do or say!! Just to name a few!! So when I saw a chart on the Dew's refrigerator called the "Dew Family Ways" I really liked it...It had catagories stating many/all the things I just named above plus many more...Tara placed it on her frig to be a reminder for them of how their family feels concerning the different areas...Anyway, I asked Tara for a copy and she emailed them to me...I have finally gotten a chance to make a poster for our frig, so that it will be a reminder for us! Thanks Tara for the great idea and for emailing everything to me!! We had a good time making it, as well as sitting around the table reading them all aloud and then acknowledging before each other and before the Lord that these are the Worthey Family Ways and that this is the way we intend to conduct ourselves concerning authorities in our family, relationships in our family, attitudes in our family, possessions in our family, work in our family, and last but certainly not least choices in our family!:)


Here is a picture of my poster:

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love it, Heidi! So glad that you made one for yourself too! I think the reminder of the guiding principles for our life and family is critical!!!!