Friday, October 22, 2010

Jacob ~ Growing Up So Fast!

A week or so ago, I wrote a post about my husband, about how much I love and respect him, I hope that I show him everyday that I respect and love him, but I also wanted to honor him, to let our children and grandchildren know how much he means to me and to our entire family! I had planned on blogging about each child and grandchild in birth order! Then Hester sent me a picture over text yesterday and I just had to blog about this! So I'm sorry Brian...Jacob's blog is next!! LOL! :)



Jacob is Nathan and Hester's oldest child and our grandson, Jacob just turned 4 in March! He reminds me of his dad so much at that age, Jacob has the kindest heart, he loves his sisters and he is such a good big brother! Jacob is so smart, he just started going to preschool 3 days a week this fall and I think he's about ready for 5th grade! Of course that is more to due with his mom than the preschool. Hester is a great mom...Jacob is very inquisitive and Hester patiently answers all his questions and he soaks it all in, his new passion right now are the US Presidents! Jacob knows all 44 of them and can give you facts on almost all of them! He can tell you that Bill Clinton is from Arkansas, that George Bush, and George W. Bush are from Texas, He knows which Presidents were assassinated and who assassinated them...Funny side note he got a splinter the other day and Hester told him she needed to get it out so it wouldn't get infected and he said "If it gets infected will I die like President Garfield" Yes, my 4 year old grandson knows that although President Garfield was shot, it was not the shot that killed him, but that he developed an infection and died from the infection! I love to hear Jacob give me facts about the Presidents, and he will quickly tell you that Abraham Lincoln is his favorite!!

As I mentioned at the beginning Hester sent me a picture via text last night, Jacob was writing his name all by himself and not just his first name, but first and last!! I was so impressed...I just had to share about Jacob today!!

Jacob, I hope one day you will be looking at Mimi's blog and see this post especially for you and that you will know how proud I am of you, not just because you can write your name at 4 or because of your knowledge of the Presidents (although I am very proud of those things), but I want you to know that I am proud of you for who you are, I love to see you hold and kiss on Elyn, and though sometimes Kinley takes your toys or bothers your things I love how you love her and you won't let Granddaddy take her home!! :) I love watching you play baseball like your daddy and I love to see you playing Batman or one of your other super heroes, of course to me you are my super hero!! You have such a compassionate, caring heart and Mimi knows you are going to do great things!
My prayer for you is that you love the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind and that you grow in wisdom and knowledge and you grow to love and serve Him! I love you Jacob with all my heart and I count it a privilege to be your Mimi!!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

what a sweet post!!!

Tara said...

I am so impressed with Jacob! What a smart grandson you have- I don't even know all the presidents and I'm 30. A four year old is putting me to shame!

Nic said...

Wow! What a smart little man. He'd put me to shame with his knowledge of presidents. [LOL] Your adoration for little Jacob emanates from your post. You have every right to be proud. <3