Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Today is Husband Day!!

For those of you who have Facebook accounts...You know that alot of people will have their status set as "this week is Husband week, so if you have a husband that is always there for you...and so on" and then there is daughter week, and son week...actually now that I think about it I don't think I have ever seen a wife week!?! hmmmm!!


Anyway, I decided to take that same concept to my blog post! I won't do a whole week on just my husband, although I could! I will limit the post to just the day! So anyway I decided to start with Husband day!!



Tommy is my husband of almost 16 years! I love and respect Tommy more than any man I have ever known and I count it a privilege to be his wife! I know most of the people who read my blog know Tommy and you probably already know alot of what I am going to tell you about him, but this is more for Tommy than for you (Sorry)


Here are just a few reasons why I respect you:


  • I respect your love for the Lord

  • I respect that you are a Man after God's Own Heart

  • I respect that you love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and strength

  • I respect you for being the Spiritual leader in our home, giving our boys a wonderful example of a Christian husband, and father, and showing our daughter first hand, how a husband should love his wife!

  • I respect how you work every day to provide for our family, and I am so thankful for all that you do to provide a way for me to be a stay at home mom!

  • I respect your desire to protect me and our family

  • I respect you for your commitment to our family, I know the bills weigh on you at times, and I admire you for your commitment!

  • I respect your sense of humor, how you always make me laugh!

  • I respect that you are the same man when you stand behind the pulpit that you are at home!

  • I respect your love for Luthersville Baptist Church, and the people of the church

  • I respect your desire to see lost people come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ

For all these reasons and so many more I honor you today, Tommy! I thank God for you, and I thank God that He sought fit to make me your wife! I love you with all my heart!

Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband. (Eph. 5:33 NASB)

2 comments:

Tara said...

I didn't know it was Husbands Week, but what a neat post about Tommy! Definitely a man worthy of respect in so many ways:)

The Worthey Family said...

Haha!! It's not really husband week, but they always do that on facebook randomly, so I decided to just blog about my hubby today! :)