Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Finally!!

We have exciting news! We have finally been approved as Foster Parents, and our home is now open for children! Since we lived in NC for 3 years they had to get paperwork from them and apparently there was some problems with them losing paperwork, anyway, it's all taken care of now and we are approved and have our first foster child in our home now!

As you know I can't really give you any details, but I can tell you he's a boy, he is 11 years old, and his name is Jamal! He has only been here 1 night, so all I can really tell you is so far so good! He may only be here about a week, we don't really know how long, but we are very happy to have him with us for whatever amount of time we are able to keep him!

This is not the best picture...I took it last night with my Blackberry, so I could send Chase a picture...I will definitely get some better pictures this week!

Chase is away at YEC (Youth Evangelism Conference) in Macon, so she has not met him yet, but he was telling us that he has an older sister that he is close too, so I am hoping that Chase will be a big help to him!



Please pray for Jamal, that he will feel at home here in our house, and pray for grace, and strength, and wisdom for all the things he is going thru right now, and all that he will go thru in the next few weeks!

Please pray that the Lord will minister to Jamal thru Me, Tommy, and Chase and that we will know the right things to say and do while Jamal is here with us!



Thank you all for your prayers for us to become foster parents and now we covet your prayers now that we are foster parents and as we minister to each and every child that comes thru our home!



*I will post Christmas pictures soon, I was just so excited I had to post about Jamal

3 comments:

Morgan Family said...

We are so thrilled for your family, what an amazing ministry opportunity! We will be praying for you!

Tara said...

Oh this makes me so happy for you!!! I'm so glad that you all have been approved and been granted your first child. He will be blessed for being with you...no matter how long it will be!

Like Sugar with a T said...

Awesome Heidi! What a great opportunity!