Thursday, December 9, 2010

Please Pray for our Neighbor!

I am writing this blog tonight to ask for prayer for our neighbor. This morning as Tommy was in his study, he heard an alarm, as he began to try to find the source he saw smoke coming from our neighbor's house directly across the street! He rushed in to tell me to call 911 and then ran across to make sure everyone was out of the house! As Tommy reached the house he saw the owner coming around from the back, Alex had ran out so fast, that he didn't even have shoes or a coat on, so Tommy gave him his coat then came home and got him some shoes! As the firemen arrived and began trying to get the fire under control, Tommy tried to comfort our neighbor and minister to him the best he could under the circumstances!

Here are a few pictures to show how much your prayers are needed! Thankfully, everyone got out of the house safely, but the house is a total loss! I don't have pictures of the back of the house, but it is completely gone.
It's really a sad situation and I appreciate your prayers and I know Alex will as well!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh no Heidi! I'm so sorry! Fire has always been something that has terrified me. Jamie's house was burned the week before Christmas when he was 9~ So this brings back so many memories for him. We'll be praying for your neighbor and for you as you minister to this family.

Nic said...

Very sad - especially during Christmas time. Do they know what caused the fire? Was it the Christmas tree?

I'm praying for Alex and his family.