Monday, December 1, 2008

Downtown Raleigh - Museum of Natural Sciences

What a fun day:) Today was my first time in downtown Raleigh...Chase went on a field trip with her class to an IMAX theatre and Tommy has at least gone through there on his sweeping job and although we have lived here 2 1/2 years, I have never been downtown!! Anyway, Tommy had an assignment for his World Cultures and Religion class to do something cultural, so we decided to go to the Museum of Natural Sciences...We wanted to go and see the Dead Sea Scrolls, but it just was not in our budget this close to Christmas, but we had a great time anyway!
All the dinosaur exhibits were my favorite so as you can see I have lots of pictures from that part of the museum...I felt like I was in the movie Night at the Museum...It was great!! I love that movie:)

Like I said we did not get to see the Dead Sea Scrolls, but we did get some cool pics outside of the exhibit:)

Here is Chase with the head of the Terror of the South :)
Tommy and Chase standing in the dinosaur track...There feet are almost as big:)

I told you I really liked the dinosaur exhibits:)

Here's Chase in a tree trunk with Bats YIKES!! I knew she was a tree hugger, but this is going too far Chase:)

Here is Tommy and Chase being silly...There usual pass time!!

We hope you enjoyed a little glimpse into our fun day at the museum!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

What a fun day! I love the dinosaur exhibit too!

The Brown's said...

We love going to the museum, it's so much fun! Hope you and Tommy had a fun anniversary! It was neat reading your story!