Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas From The Worthey's

Merry Christmas everyone...We hope you had as great a day as we did celebrating the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! We started last night with Tommy reading about the very first Christmas from Luke 2. It was a little different this year because it was just the 3 of us, but it was nice! We each opened one gift which is our usual tradition and Chase opened her present from Poppa DewBerry! Chase wanted to open presents at midnight last night, but Tommy and I convinced her she wanted to wait until morning:) Believe it or not I was the first one up this year, all you with small kids are going to hate us, I woke up about 9:30a and came downstairs and got breakfast started and then tried to do something with my hair because I knew we would be taking pictures:) About the time I was blow drying my hair Chase pops in all excited saying "Merry Christmas" I sent her up to wake Tommy and then the fun began!:) We opened presents while the Breakfast casserole and hashbrown casserole both baked! We had such a good time watching each other open presents - Tommy got usual daddy gifts underwear, 2 movies from our favorite comedian Brian Regan, and a Seinfeld Scene It game, which is really fun! I got 2 shirts from old navy, 2 movies from the Love Comes Softly series, a new set of dishes that I absolutely love!:) and I also got a Willow tree figurine! Chase was so excited she has been wanting a Wii and We (Tommy and I) didn't think it was in our budget and Chase understood! However, I found a really good deal online and we were able to get her a Wii...and let me tell you we, all of us, have had so much fun with it today...Neither Tommy nor I are big video game players, but I can see us having years of fun playing this one...Worth every penny:) Chase also got a new Kodak easy share camera and memory card, a game for her Wii, a couple of Webkinz, and some Project Runway stuff...it's pretty cool, she can learn to draw and design:) All in all we had a wonderful day and we were blest with many things to enjoy this coming year!
If you have already seen this post you will notice I have changed it up just a little...I noticed that several people use these slideshows when they have lots of pictures instead of making the post so huge with pictures, so I thought I would try it out...I hope you enjoy!:)


1 comment:

Tara said...

What a very Merry Christmas! I have not ever seen the Seinfeld Game before, but we are huge fans, so maybe instead of dominoes we'll have to play that the next game night!

And my brother got a Wii too- They are such fun! I'm so happy for you guys!