Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to School!

Holidays are over and it was back to school day for Chase. Chase came home very excited about her day at school...many of her teachers and friends were surprised to see Chase back. I think they were under the impression that since Tommy has graduated and since we had an interview in Texas the week before Christmas that Chase would not be back to school after Christmas break!:) Surprise!:) Sadly, she finished up her Life skills class, which she enjoyed so much, she was able to cook, and sew and she even got to carry around an egg baby to help learn about the responsibilities of a child:) Her class also did some wonderful community work by sewing pillowcases for the homeless shelter. Chase was very proud of the pillowcase she made and that it would be going to someone that really needs it!:) This semester she starts Chorus! Which if you know Chase, you know that she is very excited about this class. Chase loves to sing and she has a beautiful voice (says her mother) :) She also found out that they will be doing some drama in this class as well, so she is very excited about that! Chase also got her report card today! She did very well as usual (A/B Honor roll)...Chase has always done very well in school and she continues to make us proud!

Tommy doesn't know what to do with himself now that he is not in school! Of course he is still working hard and he has been trying to spend some time with me and Chase to make up for all the study time the last 2 1/2 years! He is still doing some studying though...preparing for when a church calls him to come preach and catching up on some reading of things just for pleasure!!

As for me, my day started out pretty great I got a call from my friend Saemica, she wanted to have lunch...I was so excited I haven't really been out with a friend in along time! We went to Chili's we had a great time catching up and when I left I had a couple of errands to run and then I was headed back home! No rush Tommy was here...and it was still a few hours before Chase would be home...I don't know why I chose to drive down 98, but I did and as I was cruising down 98 I saw the police car, so the first thing I do is slow down and then try and figure out what the speed limit is...I can't find a sign anywhere, so I was going about 50 like I said not in a hurry just a little lead foot, so I slow to 45 thinking that is the speed limit. Long story short, she pulls me over and she says she got me doing 55 in a 35! YIKES! First, I have to tell Tommy and because it's 20 miles over the speed limit I have to appear in court...ARGH! Just my luck! Things went OK with Tommy, seeing as this is only my third speeding ticket ever and it's the first I have gotten since we have been married, he was pretty understanding!:) We'll see how understanding he is when we find out how much it is going to be!!:) Luckily tonight was sweet sisters night at church, two ladies from our church showed us how to re purpose things that no longer have a purpose...like old candles and broken crayons and old plates and Christmas cards...Chase went with me and we had a really good night!:)

Also let me give you a quick update on our status. We got a job offer from Cal Farley's today! Of course if you read my update on that, you know that we decided as a family that this was not the ministry opportunity for us! We still need your prayers that we will get a clear direction on where the Lord would have us to serve! We have two great prospects, one we believe will be making a decision in the near future and the other is in the beginning stages of their search for a new pastor. We are praying for the Lord's leading!:) Either position would be a great opportunity for Tommy as a pastor and us as a family. When we came here to Southeastern the three of us surrender to give our lives to the Lord in service to Him! We are excited about where we are and where we are going! Thanks to all for your prayers!:)

1 comment:

Tara said...

I enjoyed reading this blog full of "updates" on ya'll! And I just love Chase's purse too!