Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wising Up!

Last week was the beginning of our new bible study at church. The video series is by Beth Moore...She is teaching on the book of Proverbs...The study is called Wising Up! Since this particular study did not come with workbooks, our pastor's wife, Tara Dew wrote the workbooks to go along with Beth's teaching! Like I said we only started last week, but WOW! Tara did an amazing job with the workbooks...I love Beth Moore and love doing her studies, but Tara's workbook along side of Beth's video teaching is awesome! Tara, you did a wonderful job! Our first day talks about who needs wisdom: The simple, the young, and the wise who want to become wiser! There is a point that Beth Moore talks about each one in her video and Tara also talks about them in the workbook...And we are asked if we know anyone who falls into the young, but wise catagory...of course I immediately thought of Chase...I can't begin to tell you how many people I have had over the years tell me that Chase is wise beyond her years! And then today something happened that showed me how true that statement really is...and not just wisdom, but truly a girl that seeks the Lord!
There is a particular girl at Chase's school that I don't allow her to hang out with because...well let's just say I don't want Chase to hang out with her! Chase has never really been friends with her, but Chase has friends that are friends with her...Anyway, they are having a Valentine's dance at Chase's school and several of the girls wanted to go shopping for dresses together and Chase told them that if this girl was going that she couldn't go, but that it was fine, she would just get her dress another time! No big deal! Well, this girl then starts to call / text Chase wanting to know why she can't come...middle school drama you know?? Anyway, she then told Chase that she should just lie to us and then they could all go together and Chase's response was "I would rather never go dress shopping than to lie to my parents" Don't you just love her?? I do!!
I told Chase I was so proud of her. She not only stood up to this girl and said no I will not lie to my parents, but she was upfront with me and told me what happened!! Chase is becoming a teenager more and more everyday and Tommy and I used to be afraid of those teenage years with a girl, but Chase seems to set our minds more at ease everyday!

Chase, I love you so much and I am so proud of the young woman that you are becoming! Keep your eyes focused on the Lord and He will make your path straight! I love you-Mom
OK...so she doesn't look so wise here, but she does look like a teenager right??

2 comments:

Tara said...

Praise the Lord! I am so glad that the Lord is using my feeble attempts to strengthen your walk with Him! Your encouragement means more than you know!

And praise the Lord for how He is working through Chase- She is young and wise! (And I love that last picture of her too!)

Anonymous said...

Awww! She is such a great girl!