Monday, October 3, 2011

Chase's Sabre


Some of you may recall that back on Chase's birthday in April, her brothers, sister in laws, nieces and nephews all went in together and gave her money (I don't know how to link the post, but you can go back to April 2011, and find the post on Chase's birthday party, and see her with what seemed like a never ending roll of money!) As I said they all pitched in and gave Chase money, so that she could buy a sabre for colorguard, at that time, she was hoping to not only be on the flag line this marching season, but to also be on the weapon line (they spin flags, rifles, and sabres) So, Hester being very creative decided to give Chase all the money in $1 dollar bills, that she taped all together, then rolled it up and put it in a box with a "pull tab"...Chase was very excited when she pulled and money just started coming out and like I said it seemed like a never ending stream!! It however did end, but not until she pulled out $125 dollars, she had enough money to buy her sabre, a much needed pair of gloves for guard, and I think she got a new shirt too!! :)

Chase got the Sabre this summer, and practices with her sabre, her rifle, and her flag every chance she gets, as I told you in my post about Band Camp, Chase did make the weapon line, and she absolutely LOVES it! Tommy and I are so proud of Chase, not only for her commitment to the guard, and the marching band, but she goes out of her way to help the "rookies" on the guard, and to do all she can do to make this years show the best! And I have to say this years show is really, really good (but I will tell you more about that in a future post)!

Here are some pictures of Chase the first day she received her sabre in the mail,
she immediately got it all taped up and ran outside to spin with it!!








I want to thank Chase's brothers, sister in laws, nieces, and nephews publicly for their genorsity by giving her the money to purchase this sabre! We love you all so much and we appreciate all you do for Chase!


In Chase's Words:

Brian, Gerie, and Billy - Thanks so much for your part in helping me buy my sabre, and gloves! I also want to thank you, Brian for being at my football games, chorus shows, and awards nights! Thank you for rooting for Newnan, and being the band's (colorguard's) biggest fan, even though I know in your heart you will always be an EC Indian!! I love it when people ask me "who is that with your parents?" and I say "that's my big brother!" Thank you for always being there!! I love you all more than I can say!

Nathan, Hester, Jacob, Kinley, and Elyn - Thank you for your part in helping me buy my sabre and gloves! Thanks Hester for the fun idea of giving me the money in $1 bills and the cool way you wrapped it up, Thank you for helping my mom with all the party favors, and all you did to make my 15th birthday the best! I know it's hard for you guys to always come to games living so far away, but I appreciate the support and love you give to me! I love you guys so much and even though I don't always say it the way I should I hope you all know how much I love you!

Matthew, Sarah, Hannah, and Kaleb - Thank you for your part in helping me buy my sabre, and gloves! Matthew- Thank you for instilling in me the love for marching band, since I couldn't play an instrument, but I knew I had to continue the "Worthey Family Tradition" and be in the marching band, so that's when I first began to look at the colorguard and I love it! I love the feeling I get when I am on that field performing! I know you know what I mean...Thank you for sharing that with me! Thank you for the calls and texts you send me before games, and competitions...it means so much to me knowing that you guys care about how my show turns out!! I love you all more than I can describe!!

No comments: