Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fun Family Day @ Six Flags Over Georgia!!

On Monday, we went on a long overdue, nothing but fun, family day!! We had talked on Sunday about how we haven't had a chance to just do something together, just the 3 of us, that was just about having fun!! So this morning we decided to treat ourselves to some family fun at Six Flags Over Georgia...What a great time we had!! There were a couple of obstacles in our path, Tommy started feeling sick after riding the Batman ride twice in a row!! And I ended up getting a major cramp in my leg, just before getting on the Goliath (apparently I was getting dehydrated and didn't realize it), so I didn't get to ride the Goliath...I will have to save that one for the next trip, but I got some great pics of Tommy and Chase riding the big roller coasters and I did get to ride Acrophobia (even though after last time I said I would never ride it again) It goes 200 ft in the air, then drops you to the ground...it was wild!!

Daffy trying to take our sunglasses off for the picture!!


Chase loves Tweety!! :)

This is a picture of Tommy and I on the Acrophobia..YIKES!! Chase took this picture right after my major panic attack...I was trying to get in the seat correctly and I pulled down the part that goes over you before I got hold of the strap, anyway I couldn't get it back up and I couldn't reach the strap...I was well, Tommy would say I was "freaking out" because I knew we were headed 200 feet into the air and being dropped to the ground and I really didn't want to do that without being strapped in!! Tommy kept telling me that someone would come and check, but they were checking everyone around me and not mine...I was a tad nervous, but finally someone came and I was able to calm down and enjoy being dropped to the earth from 200 feet!! :)

Brian & Gerie got Chase on her first real roller coaster the other week, but today, she rode the Batman, the Superman, the Georgia Scorcher, and the Goliath...all for the first time!! :)


This is Tommy after riding the Batman twice in a row!!


But he was a good dad and kept on riding...

Up, up, up, they go!!


All in all we were able to have fun-filled family day!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

What a fun day! We loved visiting theme parks as a family growing up. I can see many more trips like this in your future!