Monday, June 22, 2009

Highlights from Father's Day!!

Here are a few of the highlights from Father's day weekend!! Unbelievably, I forgot my camera when we were at my Dad's house to spend some Father's day time with him, and I didn't have my camera when we were at Tommy's parents on Sunday evening, so all the pics are just of Tommy's day! We are both very thankful for our dads, they are always there for us and we are so grateful to them for all they do...We went by Saturday evening to spend sometime with my dad and we gave him a Alabama "Roll Tide" cup...It's really cool...It is one of those cups that keeps cold things colder and hot things hotter, at least that's what the tag said!:) He loved that it was Alabama though...And Tommy made a special presentation to his dad during the Sunday morning service (you can do that when you are the Pastor!!) When Tommy ordered his business cards, he got a free hat with the church logo on it and had Pastor Tommy put above that, he liked it so much he decided to get his dad one too, it read "Pastor's Dad"...It was really cute!! We also went to their house Sunday evening and did some bowling on the Wii :)
As for Tommy we spoiled him this weekend, or at least we tried too!! We took him to eat Mexican food Saturday night (his favorite), then Sunday morning Chase and I got up extra early and made Tommy a big breakfast!! Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, the works!! Of course, you saw my previous post about the banner we all put together for him!!! He loved it!! This year was somewhat different usually we have time on Sunday mornings to give him his gift before church, but he had to go early, so we waited until after church...I got him a much needed polo shirt...and Chase got him some much needed shoes, then we went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch!! :) I think I can speak for Chase and the boys when I say we are so thankful for Tommy! He is a wonderful father and husband!! (and Granddaddy too!!) He is a wonderful example to the boys of how to be a Godly father, and as for Chase, she will have a hard time finding a husband one day that even compares to her daddy!!
Tommy, we are so thankful for who you are and for all you do!! We are so thankful that you are a Godly man that stands up for what he believes in, we are thankful that you, like Joshua, chose to serve the Lord!

Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. (Joshua 24:15 NASB)

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Sounds like a very happy and busy Father's Day.