Monday, June 8, 2009

Heidi's Birthday

I guess since I am the blogger I have to write about my own birthday!?! I asked Tommy if he had written a blog for my birthday and he just said "Yeah, I wrote a little something" and I thought how sweet...I didn't even realize he knew how to sign on to our account! Then I find out, he meant on Facebook!! He says "Facebook, blog same thing" So since my loving husband doesn't know the difference from making a comment on facebook and writing a blog, I decided to blog about my birthday myself...Mainly because I have had a wonderful day and I am so thankful for my family and friends for making me feel so loved and so special!! :)

This is me...I was born June 8, 1968 and I am 41 years old today!! This is a picture of me and my brother Robert, my sister Hollie is actually on the other side of my highchair and I am not really sure why only her hand made into this picture, but this is one of my favorite pictures...Mostly because I can make fun of my brother looking like Opie Taylor!! hahaha...Just joking Rob!! :) I came from a great family growing up...My mother died when I was only 8 years old, but the Lord gave me a wonderful dad and a great sister and brother and I love them all dearly!! And I now have my own wonderful family that I love with all my heart!! I have the best husband anyone could ask for even if he doesn't know the difference between blogging and facebook! Tommy gave me 3 wonderful sons that I love as my very own and our precious daughter Chase! and as our family continues to grow with daughter in laws and grandchildren...life just keeps getting better and better...I thank God everyday for my husband, my family and this great life He has blest me with!!

As far as celebrations went...Brian and Gerie took me out to the Olive Garden on Sunday for my birthday!! We had such a great time!! Olive Garden is one of my favorite restaurants...Thanks again Brian and Gerie for treating us to a great lunch...I enjoyed the awesome food and the wonderful time spent with our family!! We love you guys!!


Today, I have to be honest...I have been lazy all day and it was so wonderful!! :) And tonight we met Nathan, Hester, Jacob, Kinley, and Chase at the Old Spaghetti Factory (Chase is spending the week at Nathan and Hester's)...We all had a great time there tonight...The food is really good there, and the atmosphere is just so cool...and of course, I just love spending time with my family...Thanks Nathan and Hester for meeting us...I know it's a long drive with the kids, but we had so much fun...I really appreciate you coming out and spending the time with me on my birthday...We love you guys!!

I have had such a special birthday!! The only thing that would have made my birthday more special would have been to have Matthew, Sarah, Hannah, and Kaleb here to help us celebrate!! Maybe next year!! :) I just want to thank Chase, Brian, Gerie, Billy, Nathan, Hester, Jacob, Kinley, and Tommy for helping me celebrate this weekend...I have had such a great time just spending my birthday with all of you!! I also want to thank Matthew and Sarah for your calls and everything that you did to make my birthday special even from far away!! I love you all so much!! :)

5 comments:

Larissa said...

Happy Birthday, Heidi! So glad to hear you had such a wonderful day! Love the baby picture you posted!

Tara said...

So glad that you had such a wonderful day! You deserve it!

Hester Worthey said...

ummmm....where is the picture of you guys with the hats on?????? oh ya, we should have got a picture of Chase'stalker too!!! (Wierd-O)
Glad you had a great birthday!!!

Jennie in GA said...

And I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday.........so Happy Belated. I am keeping up with you through your blog and enjoying it. Congrats on Tommy's appointment to Luthersville Baptist. I know you will do a great job for them as a family.
love,
Jennie

Morgan Family said...

Happy Birthday, so glad you had a wonderful time celebrating!