Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 17 of 31 Ways to Pray for my Children

Day 17 - JOY "May my children be filled 'with the joy given by the Holy Spirit'".

You also became imitators of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much tribulation with the joy of the Holy Spirit. I Thessalonians 1:6 (NASB)

Lord, You promise that the Holy Spirit in our life will produce the fruit of joy. Lord, fill us with overwhelming joy. Cause Your joy to grow and overflow in my children and grandchildren's lives. Let my children and grandchildren experience deep joy that is dependent not on circumstances but on their relationship with You.
Thank you, Lord for your joy which is our strength. Thank you for taking the spirit of fear away from us and replacing it with a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind that greatly produces joy in our innermost being.
Thank you Lord for giving my children merry hearts. Give them cheerful countenance which will help others to see Your joy reflected in their lives.
I pray that my children and grandchildren will continually praise You. In Your presence, Lord there is fullness of joy, and I thank You for filling my children with all joy and peace!

No comments: