Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 28 of 31 Ways to Pray for my Children

Day 28 - SELF DISCIPLINE  “Father, may they develop self-discipline, that they may acquire ‘a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair’” (Prov. 1:3).


To receive instruction in wise behavior, Righteousness, justice and equity Proverbs 1:3 (NASB)




My prayer today is that my children may develop self-discipline that they may acquire a prudent life. Lord, continue to develop self-discipline in my own life so I may exemplify a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right even when I don’t want to do it. Give my children the desire for You and a calling to do the right thing at all times so they may become all You have called them to be.  I pray for Chase that she might be self disciplined in the area of being prepared for school.  I pray for her as she continues to learn spiritual disciplines to draw her closer to You, Lord. This is my prayer for all my children and grandchildren! I also pray for my children when they lack discipline in using their time wisely. Help them all to be disciplined in making healthy choices. Hebrews 12:11 says “No discipline seems pleasant at the time but painful.  Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.”  Discipline is not all that fun in the moment.  But a life of discipline is a life of righteousness and peace. I pray this for all my children as well as my grandchildren!

No comments: