Monday, February 7, 2011

My Rosacea Study

As you may remember starting back in October I started a research study for my rosacea. I think I must have gotten the placebo, or either the medicine just did not work for me because I still have all the same redness, but hopefully they gained information from the study that will help to create new medication for the treatment of Rosacea.

I think I shared with you in my October post, (sorry I don't know how to link the post) that along with all the fun I had at my long visits, we were also getting compensated for our time! The grand total came to $2500 dollars...this was totally unexpected I was more interested in having the redness gone from my face, but we do plan to put the money to good use! We started that day making plans to go on a CRUISE during Chase's winter break! This was our gift to each other for Christmas, 7 days with no interruptions, just the 3 of us! I didn't want to blog about it until I knew it was a done deal, Tommy and Chase had to get passports, and we had to find a cruise that would work for the time period we needed and for our budget! Well, we booked the cruise Saturday! We believe we have found a really great trip and we are so excited! We leave on the 19th to head to Galveston, TX and the cruise leaves from there on Sunday, the 20th and we will return to Galveston on Sunday, the 27th!

Here are a few pictures from my time in the study:

These are a few of my research buddies (from left to right Karla, Me, Cherie and Kim), we look alittle rough, but keep in my mind we had been there almost 12 hrs at the time this picture was made! LOL!

This is Tammy and Ron they were the puzzle makers!

Cheryl (in blue) was also part of the study, and Amy was our nurse, she kept an eye on us, checked on vitals and such through the long 12 hr days!

This is Nancy and Karen! Two of the other nurses that work with Dr. Ling! Nancy was our entertainment...LOL! She was wonderful, providing us with movies, and games, and she always got us the best food (we weren't allowed anything hot to eat or drink, but she kept us full all day!! :) Along with everything else, Nancy also provided hand and foot massages! I really think I should have paid them for my time there, but I'm not complaining!! :)

This is Dr. Ling, he is a great doctor, and a really great guy!

This was me getting my eye pressure test, since the medication they were testing on our rosacea was similar to a glaucoma medication, they had to do this test every visit! It looks painful, but it was actually pretty cool! :)

I can't wait until they have another study that I can be a part of...I had a great time, and reaped some awesome benefits, not to mention, I made some new friends!

3 comments:

Tara said...

You are going on a cruise!!!!! That is awesome! What a great way to use that money! Have fun!!!!

Unknown said...

Thats awesome! Have a great time on your cruise!!

Rosacea Help said...

I have severe rosacea and fight all the symptoms of redness, dryness, & bumps including clogged pores. I need a foundation and finishing powder that will cover without clogging my pores or looking like a mask.