Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 15 of 31 Ways to Pray for my Children

Day 15 -Generosity. "Grant that my children may be generous and willing to share, and so lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age".


Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed. I Timothy 6: 18-19 (NASB)


Heavenly Father, My prayer is that generosity and grace would be hallmarks of our family so others may see You in us. Please show us who the poor and needy are in our community so we can share with them as You have provided for us. We ask that our generosity would result in others giving thanks to You. May we find joy in refreshing others by being generous with our possessions. You modelled true selflessness when You died on the cross. You gave Your life for us. May our generous kindness to others be a testimony that You are living in us. Lord, I pray that You would forgive me for times when I have been inconsiderately selfish with the resources you have given us. We as a family want to be generous with these blessings so we can be a blessing to others.

No comments: