Monday, January 31, 2011

Tommy's 55th Birthday!

In honor of Tommy's 55th Birthday, the kids and I decided to write down 55 reasons that we love and respect Tommy!



I know that this will be more of a gift to Tommy than any material thing that we could possibly buy for him!

As Nathan said, "I am sure we will have some duplicates, but that just shows how strong those characteristics are". So you will forgive us, if some things are similar or maybe even exactly the same!!

I get to go first because I am the wife! After me, we will go in order of birth, followed by their wives and kids and since Chase is the youngest child, she will finish it up!! :) We love you Tommy and we hope these 55 reasons show you just how much!!

- From Heidi
  • I love and respect you for so many reasons, I think one of the things I love most is your humble spirit.

  • I love the way you love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul!

  • I love the way you love me! We have been married alittle more than 16 years, but we have known each other for twice as many and I am so thankful you asked me to be your wife! More than anything else in this world...I love being your wife!

  • I love the way you love your family, your children, your grandchildren. They are your legacy and what a wonderful example you are to them! You sacrificed so much to follow God's leading in your life, not many men would have given up a good career, good pay, a beautiful home, and all the worldly luxuries, but you gave them all to God and said "wherever you lead I will go" I love that you are a man after God's Own Heart!

  • I love the way you make me laugh, and I love the way you are always the first one to cry, whether we are watching a sappy movie or a commercial! I love how you let me win at Wii when you know it's making me mad that you are winning! :) Oh, and the way you make up songs to everything, I mean everything I say!! I love that you are MY husband! Thank you for being my husband! I love you with all my heart!

- From Brian

  • I love that you can fix anything without using all the parts.

  • I love that you taught me the importance of providing for my family.

  • I love that you always took care of me, Nathan, and Matthew when Mom was sick.

  • I love that you taught me that it's alright to cry (i.e. Chase + Row Row Row Your Boat= Puddle o'Brian)

  • I love that you are a Christian and taught me about Jesus.

  • I love your sarcasm and sense of humor.

  • I love the way you make heavenly noodles and sloppy joes.

  • I love how you taught me that it is important to stand for your convictions.

  • I love how you didn't spare the rod...Lord knows I needed it!

-From Gerie

  • I love the way you welcomed me into the family.

  • I love that you come to all of Billy's school plays.

  • I love the way you didn't charge me for that brake pad replacement.

-From Billy

  • I love when granddaddy uses his deep, deep voice!

  • I love that granddaddy can still pick me up!

-From Nathan

  • I love that you taught me the most important thing in life is accepting Christ as your Savior and having a personal relationship with Him.

  • I love that you taught me that moral character and a love for Christ and others is much more important than the material things of the world.

  • I love that you took good care of me as a child even when my mom was sick and hospitalized. You were able to manage working full time, keeping the house maintained, and making plans for us to get to and from school during some tough times.

  • I love that you taught me how important it is to be part of a local church and attend faithfully. Being around other Christians and hearing the Word helps you stay strong in your faith.

  • I love that you taught me how to be responsible, honest, and work hard.

-From Hester

  • I love that you are a good handy man and are always willing to help us fix things when we need you.

  • I love that you have taught and are still teaching your children to be faithful, respectful, and loving to their spouses.

  • I love that you are a good granddaddy! The kids enjoy and are always excited when they get the chance to spend time with you.

  • I love that you are the best bird catcher in the world. You even scare the poop out of them when you catch them.

  • I love that you have demonstrated what it means to have a strong faith and be willing to step out in faith to do God's will in ministry.

-From Jacob

  • I love that Granddaddy has lots of cool tools to fix things with.

  • I love that you always get a big Christmas tree with lots of colored lights.

  • I love that you tell funny jokes.

-From Kinley

  • I love that Granddaddy has a big toy kitchen at his house to play with.

  • I love that you give me good sweet tea to drink.

-From Elyn

  • I love that Granddaddy always holds me and talks to me, and I love how you always get on the floor and play with me!

-From Matthew

  • I love and I am so grateful that through your example I learned that accepting Christ as my savior is the most important thing in my life.

  • I love that you are always there for me. When I need help fixing my car, or fixing anything you always have an answer. More importantly when I need spiritual guidance you always point me in the right direction where I can get help through scripture.

  • I love your humility. Most humble man I know. I learned that being humble does not mean being weak. Through your humility I know that nice guys don't always finish last.

  • I love that you taught me to love others as Christ loves us. From birth to now, you still visit nursing homes, people in need, and those less fortunate. you taught me to love people for just being people.

  • I love who you are. your awesome sense of humor! I get the best jokes from you. I love your funny quarks. ie- "the hand to hip bump when you stand up." I am proud to be me when I say or do something like you and Sarah chimes in, "ok Tommy Worthey." Thanks for being an example I am proud to follow.

-From Sarah

  • I love how honest you are. What you see is what you get!

  • I love that you can laugh at your own silly, I mean, funny jokes and that you have thankfully passed that trait onto your son. :) "You laughing at your jokes is what makes them so funny".

  • I love that you have amazing faith and love for God and have a strong desire to share that with others no matter what that cost you.

  • I love that you are a great example on how to love your wife and raised three sons who love their wife's with all their hearts and treat them with respect and desire their happiness.

  • I love how much you love my children.

-From Hannah

  • I love you because you are cool because you are my granddaddy.

  • I love you because you are nice because you believe in God and you taught me about God.

  • I love you granddaddy because you never let me down, you are always there for me and I like that you love me so much!

-From Kaleb

  • I love you granddaddy

  • I love that you play cars with me, even when you play with the ones I don't like you too...Sometimes you get in "big trouble" with me!

-From Chase

  • I love you dad because you are crazy, funny, and you make jokes that no one understands but you! (:

  • I love you dad because you are the BEST dad a girl could EVER ask for!

  • I love you dad because you always encourage me and I know that you will always be there for me. (:

  • I love you dad because you are always very understanding!

  • I love you dad because you care about people and you are the most humble man I know and you love God with all your heart, soul and mind and you taught me to love God with all my heart, soul and mind!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMMY/DAD/GRANDDADDY!!


WE ALL LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Tommy! What a wonderful tribute from a family that loves you dearly!

The Worthey Family said...

Thank you Heidi, Chase, Brian, Gerie, Billy, Nathan, Hester, Jacob, Kinley, Elyn, Matthew, Sarah, Hannah, and Kaleb, for all the wonderful things you said. You will never know how special this is to me. God has given me a wonderful family that I love very much. You all have made my 55th birthday the best birthday I have ever had. I don't deserve all of you or the nice things you all said. I feel humbled by this and very thankful to God for all His blessings upon me.
Thank you Lord God for blessing me with such a wonderful family! You have blest me far more than I deserve!
Love to all of you,
Tommy, Dad, Granddaddy