Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 10 of 31 Ways to Pray for my Children

Day 10-BIBLICAL SELF-ESTEEM. "Help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus".

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Ephesians 2:10 (NASB)


Father, I come to Your throne room on behalf of my children and grandchilddren in order to receive help for their self-image. You created each of them in Your image and likeness, and that means so much to me. I know that You will always love them. I know You didn't just carelessly or thoughtlessly throw them together. You made them so wonderfully complex! It is amazing to think about. Your workmanship is marvelous! Because they are Your workmanship, Your handicraft, made for good works, I ask You to help my children to view themselves from Your perspective. Help them to realize their strengths. Open their eyes to the strengths, abilities, and talents that You have placed inside of each of them. Give my children grace to find the good that is in them. Help them to be appreciative of who they are, instead of critical of who they are not. Although the world places importance on physical appearance, Father, I know that You judge men's hearts. You are interested in a pure heart and a humble spirit. Help my children and grandchildren know that they are very valuable to You. Knowing that they are chosen may that make them feel special. Thank You for choosing each of them before the foundation of the world. I acknowledge You, God, as my Father, and thank You that I am Your child. Help me to set my affections on things above rather than on things of the world and help me to be an example of this before my children and grandchildren. Help my children to mature in their relationship with You and to develop into the happy, joyful, strong Christians that they all have the potential to be.

No comments: