Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 9 of 31 Ways to Pray for my Children

Day 9 RESPECT- (for Self, Others, Authority) "Father, grant that my children may show proper respect to everyone, as your Word commands".

Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king. I Peter 2:17 (NASB)

Sovereign Lord, because we revere You, may we cherish and show respect for all You have made. As I pray for my children, and grandchildren today, I ask that You please infuse their hearts with a deep reverence for You and all that You have made. Place in them a longing to read Your Word and a desire to obey Your commands. Please inspire each of them to be respectful and considerate of others and give them a willingness to put others first. I pray that they would serve those in authority with their whole heart out of respect for the Lord and to honor those individuals by obeying their instructions. Lord, You formed each of us in the womb. You are the Lord who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens and who alone spread out the earth. Our desire is to revere You and treat all You have made with deep respect. Please send Your Holy Spirit to enable our family to be respectful and considerate of everyone. In all we say and do, we want to honor You, for You are great and most worthy of praise.

No comments: