Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 3 of 31 Ways to Pray for my Children


DAY 3 L O V E - "Grant, Lord, that my children may learn to 'live a life of love, through the Spirit who dwells in them"

and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma Ephesians 5:2 (NASB)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, Galatians 5:22 (NASB)

As I told you in day 1...I got the idea for this from a friend on facebook who was praying these 31 specific ways for her girls for 31 days, and I wanted to share them here on our blog, for others and for our children and grandchildren, so they know they are being prayed for daily and how they are being prayed for and that they might continue to develop strong Christian morals and bear the fruit of the Spirit! I got a late start in the month, but I intend to do this every month, (not blog about it of course) but I intend to pray for my kids and grandkids, in addition to my prayers for their safety and whatever concerns of that day, I will also pray for a specific character trait, virtue, or fruit of the Spirit to be planted and nurtured in my children each day of the month!

Lord, I pray today for Brian, Nathan, Matthew, and Chase that they may learn to live a life of love, not anything they can do through their own power, but through the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells within each one of them! As they each go about their day today, I pray that they will show Your love to others! Thank You Lord for Your love for us and may we all learn to live a life of love!

No comments: