Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 5 of 31 Ways to Pray for my Children

DAY 5 "Self-Control" Father, help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be 'alert and self-controlled' in all they do"


So we should not be like other people who are sleeping, but we should be alert and have self-control.
I Thessalonians 5:6 (NCV)

(In this picture of Kaleb you can see he is using self control. He is thinking something, but trying desperately not to say anything!!)

Lord, You are so kind and gracious, and full of love and mercy. Thank You for loving me and being so patient with me! Today, I pray for my children and grandchildren that they might learn this characteristic of self control. Please help them to be slow to anger and quick to forgive. Help them to be kind to others and to show the love of Jesus through their words and actions.

No comments: