Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Minister's Wives Retreat 2011


I am so excited about the opportunity to go to the GA Baptist Conventions Minister's Wives Retreat this year at the Toccoa Conference Center! I almost went last year, but I didn't want to go by myself, so I just decided to pass on it, but this year, my friend Heather, and fellow Pastor's wife asked if I would like to go and room with her. I was so excited! and as the weekend draws nearer I get more excited! I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend surrounded by woman who are experiencing the same things I am experiencing and I am hoping to gain some wisdom from them, as well as from the speakers, not to mention the wonderful time to worship with like minded woman!!

2 nights/3 days/6 meals, spa day with chair massages and other special treatments, haircuts, workshops, dessert fellowship, door prizes, and most importantly, encouragement from God’s Word. As you can see it's going to be a great weekend!
Pray for Tommy and Chase while I'm away...because of the snow/ice, Chase's Band Formal was rescheduled for the Friday that I will be at the retreat, so Tommy will be not only transporting her and who knows how many of her friends, but he will be the only one here to help her with her hair, makeup, and dress!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohhh don't worry about them!!! It will be a FUN father/datughter bonding experience!! I love my mama but it is always fun when it is just me and my daddy!! We always do fun things that mama won't let us do when she is home! lol