Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 30 of 31 Ways to Pray for my Children

Day 30 - GRATITUDE “Help them to live lives ‘overflowing with thankfulness’; that they may ‘always be giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ’”.

having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. Colossians 2:7 (NASB)

always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father;
Ephesians 5:20 (NASB)




Gracious God, in the busy-ness of my day, I sometimes forget to stop to thank You for all that is good in my life. My blessings are many and my heart is filled with gratefulness for the gift of living, for the ability to love and be loved, for the opportunity to see the everyday wonders of creation. I pray that my life will always be an example to my children and grandchildren to be grateful for all the blessings You have given us, and most importantly for the gift of salvation! I thank You, too, for those things in my life that are less than I would hope them to be. Things that seem challenging, unfair, or difficult. When my heart feels stretched and empty, and I feel so overwhelmed, still I rejoice that You are as near to me as my next breath and that in the middle of everything, I am growing and learning and I pray that my children and grandchildren will continue to rejoice and be grateful for the mountain top experiences, and rejoice and give You praise in the valleys as well!

No comments: