Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 22 of 31 Ways to Pray for my Children

Day 22 - Contentment  "Father, teach my children 'the secret of being content in any and every situation. . . . through Him who gives [them] strength'".


I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. 
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:12-13 (NASB)

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, to remember that I don’t need most of what I want, and that joy is found in simplicity and generosity. Lord, help me to be an example of contentment to my children and grandchildren!  Father, I pray that my children and grandchildren would have contentment that brings about a lasting peace and grateful hearts that only You can give to them.  Help them not to focus on the material possessions that they lose sight of what is really important. May the character of their souls and the fruit of their actions be of much greater importance than the perishable things that get their attention! Help them to look to You for proper balance in the things You have so richly blessed us with and the attitude in which they receive these things from Your hands.

No comments: